//
you're reading...
General

Progress is made, sorta

Why is it that as soon as I find a workaround for one problem there is another problem involved with that work around?

I figured out how to get around the problem with adding/removing menu items in response to the Popup event. I got around it by hooking up to the parent form’s MdiActivate event. This event fires when anything happens to an MDI client, opening, closing, activating, etc. Unfortunately this event fires after the user clicks the close button but before the child is removed from the parent’s MdiChildren array.

After I fix that last problem I would say my MenuExtender component is ready for publishing.

Advertisements

About James

I am a Senior Developer/Consultant for InfoPlanIT, LLC. I previously spent over 7 years as a Product Manager for what eventually became ComponentOne, a division of GrapeCity. While there, I helped to create ActiveReports 7, GrapeCity ActiveAnalysis, and Data Dynamics Reports.

Discussion

No comments yet.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

Archive

%d bloggers like this: