Nothing real big to announce, I still don’t have my server data; but I’m tempted to just start from scratch on it anyway since I can’t keep putting this off.
I have worked out what my goals with XML language defintion are and I need to redo what I have to meet them. I might as well share that here so I have a hard copy of it in case my whiteboard gets erased.
XML Language Definition Tags
- Name – The name for this language (C#, Visual Basic, etc)
- Identifier – The identifier(s) that will refer to this language (C#, cs, csharp, etc)
- Type – A fully-qualified typename, this type needs to implement a specific interface to be used. This code does pre and post processing of highlighted values.
- Name – A friendly name for this part of the language (keywords, literals, etc)
- Type – One of several values: Delimited, WordList, Number, String, Custom (default)
- Class – The CSS class name that should be applied after the highlighting
- RegEx – The regular expression to use
- CustomProcessor – Another fully-qualified typename, this is only used to process this single language part
- Order – Taken with all other LanguageParts defines the order in which each should be processed
- Delimiters – Applies only when Type = Delimited
- Words – Applies only when Type = WordList
- ExplicitTypeLetters – Applies only when Type = Number….this is a list of letters that can immediately follow a number to change what type the number should be.
- StringDelimiters – Applies only when Type = String
- StartEnd – The character(s) that denote the beginning and end of the string
- Escape – Any characters that will allow the StartEnd string to be used within the string itself.
- SpecialChars – Characters that can prefix a string to modify its meaning.
Anything else I should consider?