Highlights from TechFest:
- We met a ton of people. I was so busy during the lunch period talking about Data Dynamics and our products that I didn’t get a chance to eat much of my food. That was not a problem 🙂
- We gave our presentation to a total of 3 people; 2 less than I thought we would have. That is just a sign of the great sessions going on at the same time.
- Despite only giving a detailed presentation to 3 people we got our product and company name out there to many other people. There was a central theme of people complaining about a certain competitor we have it wanting to find a better solution…Just so you know…
- Mark Miller’s component presentation was pretty good, I know some people didn’t ‘get’ it until the very end…I thank my background in knowing about services and the XNA component based development helped me though
- We gave away all of the t-shirts we brought to the event!
- The VIP dinner featured some damn good barbecue from Rib Crib in Tulsa….excellent food
- Luc was interviewed for .NET Rocks! by Carl Franklin and Richard Campbell!!! I’m a HUGE fan of the show, so for Luc to be interviewed about Data Dynamics and our products has a big wow factor for me. At the top of this post is a picture from my cellphone of the interview. From left to right: .NET Rocks hosts Carl Franklin, Richard Campbell, and Data Dynamics Product Manager Luc. The show will be posted the week of November
14th21st. Here is Luc’s post about the interview.
Some of the non-TechFest highlights:
- Due to a dumb James moment, I caused Luc and myself to miss our 6pm flight from Houston, TX to Tulsa, OK.
- On the upside, we met Bryan Powell while waiting for the later 7:30pm flight to Tulsa. Bryan provided a lot of laughs and made the time pass quickly.
- The Post Oak Lodge (located at 5323 W 31st Street North, Tulsa, OK) in Tulsa is incredible! I’m ready to go back there next year.
- I must have a familiar face, several people came up and said they know me from somewhere…from this blog or my CodeProject articles maybe?
The only downside really is that as we were rushing to get to our flight from Tulsa to Atlanta, we ran into Mark Miller and Richard Campbell again, and didn’t have a long time to talk with Mark about the session I went to. I think they were rushing to get to their plane(s) as well. At least I’m now known as the ISupportInitialize guy 🙂
*Yes I know I used the phrases “we” and “us” a lot…bad habit on my part but Luc and I were together pretty much the whole weekend so its all stored that way in my head…I’m not turning into royalty just yet.