The 5 things meme has come around to me via Nish. So now I have to tell everyone 5 things you probably don’t know about me. What will that be? Its a tough call!
- I’ve become a audio and video podcast addict – there are currently 211 items I have yet to listen to on my iPod. I’ll get through them eventually, the majority of those are from the entertaining SETI Institute’s “Are We Alone” radio show.
- I used to be an avid reader of fantasy and scifi books. However, it may be accurate to say that I haven’t finished a single novel after I finished high school. I’ve even got a few books sitting around that I only partially read or haven’t started at all.
- The first application I put up on the web (a “database” that stored Coca-Cola bottle information) received mentions in a few magazines dedicated to collectibles. Astonishing because I never publicized the thing. The funny part is that I wrote the application for my dad but he never used it.
- I’ve never figured out how to make small talk. When in a conversation sometimes I feel like a monkey trying to imitate what others are doing. It feels incredibly awkward and I don’t think it works half the time, but I’m working on it.
- And finally I go from not being able to hold a conversation, to holding one all by myself. I talk to myself, probably a little too often. Sometimes I don’t even realize I’m doing it, I just start verbalizing the internal dialogue in my head. Most of the time it happens when I’m trying to solve a problem with some code, but other times I’ll just be playing out a scenario in my head and find myself talking.