Today the team put up a new build of Data Dynamics Reports. This build includes over 80 fixes and enhancements to the product. Some of the new features include:
- Median and Mode aggregates.
- Data Visualizer dialogs make it easier to use the data visualizer functions.
- Image based data visualizers no longer need to know the size of the report item to work correctly.
- LocateDataSource event fires for the XML, Object, and ADO.NET DataSet data providers.
- Custom data providers can now participate in the LocateDataSource event, if they wish.
- Field selection menu makes it easier to fill in the fields of a table or matrix and commonly used expressions in page headers and footers.
- Expression shorthand is now available for fields
- Instead of writing “=Fields!MyField.Value” you can now just write “=[MyField]”.
- Connection strings can now be an expression.
- Beta support for Visual Studio 2008.
- The legend text in a chart is now customizable by editing the “Label” property on series groupings and fields.
We’ve got more features and fixes in the pipeline. Don’t forget the newly added screencast section as well 🙂