As some of you may know (or figured out by my last post) I work for a company that sells software, specifically developer components. Part of my job is keeping up with what people may be saying about our products. For this, I’ve created several Google Alerts to watch for our products.
Saturday I received an alert, where someone had posted DDR on a warez site. I was bored at the time so I decided to see how they got around our licensing…one of the first releases of DDR that I found on a warez site had a laughably stupid way of doing it.
Unfortunately, I was disappointed…the warez copy merely distributed the serial number and other pertinent details for licensing. But, I did get to revoke a real license for the first time.